Friendship

I always believe that befriending someone needs some 'fate'.

Eg. A likes B and wants to befriend B but B has no intention to befriend A. They are not friends because there is no 'fate' between A and B.

Whenever the fate is still there, the friendship lasts. Otherwise the two parties will have to part and look for new friends.

I used to weight friendship heavily. Having said that I treated my friends as my own, purely my own. No one should invade our friendship. If my friends made new friends they betrayed our friendship. That behaviour distressed everyone including me.

I decided to change.

I no longer saw friendship sincerely. To some extent, I took advantage of friendship. I only befriended those of my own benefits. I was blindfolded by the thought that friends were for benefits. Although I was surrounded by friends deep inside my heart was empty. I felt the loss and tried hard to fill the loss.

I decided to learn to make friends.

I made friends. Friends were important but they did not rank the top. For many reasons, friends came and left. I did not hold spite when some left meanwhile I welcomed new friends to join my life. Time went by, I realized two important elements in friendship: Letting-go and treasuring friends.

When the fate between me and a friend ends, I let go. When I am fated to see and befriend a newcomer I treasure him. I finally find this the most convenient way to make friends. Nothing lasts forever including friendship. A friend does not simply come to me but to make my life more enjoyable and meaningful. When they leave, it means the life lesson together with the person is over and I have to move on to find a new lesson with someone else.

I am thankful to friends coming into my life and make me learn. I treasure friends who still stay with me in my life. I am imperfect and still learning to be a better one.

Friends are not only those who hold your hands but are also those make you a better human being.




Comments

Popular Posts