Once, an ignorant and despicable me

I was, once, ignorant. I believed that I could never be defeated. Arrogant and ignorance procreated in me. Day by day, time after time, they grew stronger and perpetually stronger. Scornfully, I judged things and people, full of disdain and contempt, without knowing that was in fact despicable.

I flew high when I was flattered. My anger flared when there were unlovely remarks, regardless if they were for good. Angels and devils were indiscernible to me. I was astray from the righteous avenue, far far away... Far enough that I eventually lost my direction. I could only see envy and distress was all I felt. Fear had driven me farther from the correct path. Loneliness was my only and the only one companion.

Until I met Him, the Divine. He had rescued me from the dreadful desert, like a savior to a dying man in the desert. I remembered He said, 'son, you are not alone'. I still remember His smile, full of compassion, love and forgiveness. His compassion awakened me. His love washed away my fear and arrogant. I was embraced by His forgiveness.

I knew I must change. To be a better me. Transformation was all I need and that has led me to whom and where I am today. I am lucky to meet you. I am grateful to have you all this while. I know I can only return your kindness and love with a better me. And that is the only way I can do. To be a better me, from now and then.

To be away from the despicable me.


There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.  It is God's finger on man's shoulder.  ~Charles Morgan




Comments

Popular Posts